Have you ever thought of adding creamed corn topping to your pizza? Well, if you haven’t, you have no idea how much you’re missing out. Imagine mixing raw corn kernels with parmesan, heavy cream, ricotta, and olive oil for a mouthwatering creamed-corn sauce. Add in salty, smoky, and spicy pepperoni with smoked mozzarella, and you have the perfect combo for your next pizza night. Here’s how to prep it.
Ingredients (for 4 Servings)
- 1-lb. pizza dough (you can use store-bought or make it yourself)
- 1½ cups fresh corn, divided
- ¼ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp. Diamond Crystal or ½ tsp. Morton kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved (approximately 1⅓ cups)
- ½ cup grated smoked mozzarella (normal mozzarella works too)
- Fresh basil leaves (for serving)
How to Make Your Creamed Corn Pizza
Preheat your oven to 500°F and let your pizza dough sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes (covered).
In a food processor, add the ricotta, cream, parmesan, garlic, ¾ cup corn, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp. olive oil, and mix until mostly smooth. Transfer the mixture into a small bowl and stir in ¼ cup corn.
Grab a 13 by 9-inch baking sheet (or dish) and coat the bottom and sides with 2 tbsp. Oil. Place the pizza dough in the center of the sheet and gently stretch and press until it’s evenly distributed. If it springs back, then let it rest for a few more minutes. Take the creamed corn topping and spread it over the dough leaving a ½-inch border from the corners. Continue by topping with pepperoni, the remaining ½ cup corn, and halved cherry tomatoes.
Bake for about 20 minutes until the crust is golden underneath and cooked through. Add the smoked mozzarella and put back in the oven for another 2 minutes until the cheese melts.
Drizzle with olive oil and add fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!