Do you want to try something healthy, tasty, and easy to make? Well, you should definitely try this delicious arugula and shallot salad with sunny-side-up eggs. The charred shallots add a slightly sweet and umami taste to the salad, while the richness of runny eggs complements the spicy, green, salty cheese dressing perfectly. You won’t regret munching on this splendidly healthy and lip-smacking salad.
Ingredients for Salad
● 4 large shallots (about 6 ounces), thinly sliced (about 1 cup),
● 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved (around 1 cup)
● Kosher salt, as per taste
● 6 cups loosely packed arugula (about 3 ounces)
● 2 ounces of prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup)
● 2 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
● 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper,
● 4 large eggs
Ingredients for Dressing
● 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
● 2 tablespoons of olive oil
● 4 garlic cloves, grated (about 2 teaspoons)
● 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
● 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
● 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
● 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Directions for Dressing
To make the perfect dressing, stir together the basil, oregano, Dijon, dry mustard, lemon zest, and juice in a medium bowl. While constantly whisking the mixture, gradually add olive oil to it to ensure that the dressing is smooth. You can even make a big batch and store it for up to three days.
Directions to Make the Salad
Start by preheating the boiler with the 6-inch oven rack. Mix the shallots with a teaspoon of avocado oil in a small bowl before spreading them out in a uniform layer on a mini baking sheet. Roast your shallots roasted for about three minutes in a hot oven. Take it out of the oven and give it around five minutes to cool.
While the shallots are cooling, warm up the final teaspoon of avocado oil in a sizable nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add salt as per your taste and crack eggs into a skillet. Cook for three minutes or until the whites are set, and the yolks are still runny. Switch off the heat and place the eggs on a plate. Set aside.
Take a large bowl and drizzle it with 1 tablespoon of dressing. Add arugula along with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Add pepper, Parmesan, and shallots on top of it. Toss the mixture around to combine. Place the salad on a big plate. Add eggs and prosciutto on top. Add more salt, pepper, or dressing if you require.