You don’t need to be a coffee fan to hear the word cappuccino. Made with equal parts of espresso or strong brewed coffee, steamed milk, and milk foam, cappuccino is a classic beloved beverage. The added top layer of frothy milk foam is the key to its worldwide fame. Be it hot or ice-cold, this super delicious lip-smacking drink is highly addictive, in any choice of flavor! And all the coffee shops out there are ready to lure you more! So, why not save a few bucks by making it at home? Here is the easy recipe for a homemade French vanilla cappuccino.
• Milk, ¾ cup
• Strong brewed coffee, ½ cup / Espresso, a shot
• Vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon / Vanilla bean, ½
• Sugar, ½ teaspoon
• Cinnamon powder
• A saucepan
• A milk blender
• A small bowl
• Serving cup or mug
• A spoon or cooking stirrer
• Pour milk into a saucepan and put it on medium heat. Add the vanilla extract or the bean. You can also slit the bean through the middle and slide out the pods, and then add the pods into milk for a stronger vanilla flavor. Heat the milk until it begins to bubble while stirring continuously. Feel free to use any type of dairy or non-dairy milk of your choice.
• If the bean is added, remove the vanilla. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add sugar. Stir until it dissolves. You can adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste.
• Froth the milk using a blender or milk frother, until it gets foamy. Gently spoon off the fluffy milk foam and set it aside in a small bowl.
• Fill the serving cup or mug with brewed coffee or a shot of espresso. Pour the milk over it. Now, spoon the milk foam back on the top of your cappuccino. Finish off with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.